Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to help!
- Is the Apple Farm pet friendly? Unfortunately, we do not allow pets here at the Apple Farm and we can only accommodate service animals at this time. We can recommend great pet accommodations in the area like Thousand Hills Pet Resort. We also have a sister property in Pismo Beach, The Cliffs Resort, that does allow small pets.
- Is the Apple Farm family friendly? Yes, the Apple Farm is family friendly. We offer accommodations with two queen beds in our Inn as well as spacious Family Suites in our Trellis Court. San Luis Obispo has wonderful family friendly activities including the SLO Children's Museum, the Farmers' Market, family friendly hikes and more. Check out our family page here.
- What are the hours of the Apple Farm Restaurant? The Apple Farm Restaurant is open from 7am to 9pm daily. Breakfast is served from 7am to 1pm, lunch is served from 11:30am to 5pm Monday through Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday, and dinner is served from 5pm to 9pm daily.
- What are the hours of the Apple Farm Gift Shop? The Apple Farm Gift Shop is also open from 7am to 9pm daily.
- What is the difference between the Apple Farm Inn and the Trellis Court Motel?
Apple Farm Inn: Features three floors of over-sized elegant accommodations uniquely appointed in a contemporary country design. In each room, you can enjoy a seating area with a gas fireplace, robes for you to relax in, a welcome basket upon arrival, an innkeeper's gift to take home, and wireless internet access.
Trellis Court Motel: This section is adjacent to our Inn building and has exterior corridors and offers the drive up ease of a motel. The recently renovated rooms are about half the size of our Inn rooms and offer a gas fireplace, writing desk, and wireless internet access.
- Is the pool heated? Yes, the pool at the Apple Farm is heated year round. The pool is open daily from 8:30am to 9:30pm.
- Do you offer shuttle service? Complimentary Shuttle Service is available based on availability to and from both the San Luis Obispo Amtrak Station and the San Luis Obispo Airport. Please schedule your shuttle at least 48 hours prior to arrival so that we can make sure it is available to you. Call 805-544-2040 to schedule your shuttle. Generally, our shuttle is available during the hours of 6am and 5pm. Outside of these hours we cannot guarantee its availability.
- How far is Apple Farm from the Train Station? Apple Farm is about 1 mile from the Amtrak Train Station in San Luis Obispo.
- How far is Apple Farm from the San Luis Obispo Airport? Apple Farm is 4 miles from the San Luis Obispo Airport.
- How far is Apple Farm from downtown San Luis Obispo? Apple Farm is about 1 mile from downtown San Luis Obispo.
- How far is Apple Farm from the beach? Apple Farm is about 10 miles from the nearest beach, Avila Beach and 14 miles from Pismo Beach.
- How far is Apple Farm from Hearst Castle? Apple Farm is 43 miles from Hearst Castle.
- When does the San Luis Obispo Trolley run? The SLO trolley loops from North Monterey Street to Downtown every 15-20 minutes. You can catch the trolley at the stop next door to us. The cost to ride is just 50 cents each way. It runs on Thursdays from 5pm to 9pm year round and is a great option if you are headed to SLO Farmers' Market. From April through October, it also runs on Saturdays from 5pm to 9pm. From June through Labor Day, it runs on Fridays from 5pm to 9pm.
- Are you charging my credit card today? For most rate types, we do not charge your credit card at the time of booking. We will authorize your card on the day of arrival, but you may choose which method of payment you would like to use at checkout. The exception to this would be any nonrefundable offers that we are running. These would be charged at the time of booking.
- What is the difference between a specialty and deluxe room in your Inn? Deluxe and Specialty rooms are similar in size and in amenities. The main difference in these rooms is location. Deluxe rooms are in an area that can have a little more foot traffic and can tend to be noisier.
- What time is check-in and checkout? Check-in is anytime after 4pm and checkout is at 12pm. We do have a 24 hour Front Desk, so please feel free to check-in at any time in the evening after 4pm.
- Can I get an early check-in? You may request an early check-in, however we cannot guarantee any check-ins before 4pm. When you request an early check-in, we will do our best to get your room ready at your requested time.
- Tell me about your amenities. The Apple Farm offers many wonderful amenities to our guests including our homemade chocolate chip cookies upon arrival and daily at the Front Desk as well as a glass of wine at check-in. Our Daily Guest Wine Reception is from 3:30pm to 5pm and includes wine tasting and appetizers from our restaurant. For more amenities, click here.
- What is your cancellation policy? Apple Farm adheres to a 48-hour cancellation policy for most rate types. If for any reason you must cancel your stay with us, please call before 4:00 p.m. two days prior to your arrival. You will be issued a cancellation number and incur no charges. The charge for a reservation canceled beyond 48 hours is the first night's room, taxes, and fees. There are some instances where this policy changes as in the case of Cal Poly's Spring Commencement Weekend in June, group bookings and nonrefundable rates. Your reservation agent will be sure to inform you if your particular reservation has a different policy.
- Do you have accessible rooms? We do offer accessible rooms and we are happy to help you reserve these. Please call us directly at 805-544-2040 for more information.
- Are there apple trees? Are you an actual farm? The Apple Farm is actually not a farm, but we do have quite a few apple trees sprinkled throughout our property. In the fall, guests are encouraged to pick any apples that you would like. Our original owner liked the name Apple Farm because it evoked a nostalgic Americana feel and decided it complimented our warm hospitality and charming rooms. San Luis Obispo does have wonderful u-pick apple farms in See Canyon. We definitely recommend a visit if you are here during apple season.
- What is the facility fee and what does it cover? Apple Farm has a $12 Facility Fee per night, plus tax. Included in the fee is parking, wireless internet access, daily beverage service in the lobby, two bottles of water in your room, daily cookies at the Front Desk, and Apple Farm Label Wines served at the guest wine tasting reception.
Do you have another question we did not answer here? Call us at 805-544-2040 or email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.