The Best of San Luis Obispo Bakeries
Pies, Pastries, Wedding Cakes & More
The Apple Farm Bakery in San Luis Obispo, California, is world-renowned for delicious baked goods! We feature an assortment of delectable treats for you to indulge all year long as well as seasonal and special occasion sweets including wedding cakes that are truly special. Here are just a few of the everyday offerings at our San Luis Obispo bakery:
- Homemade fruit pies including apple (of course), boysenberry, cherry, apple streusel, and rhubarb
- Cream pies including coconut cream (seasonal) and chocolate cream
- Our famous Apple Dumplings
- An assortment of yummy cookies including chocolate chip, English toffee, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, assorted thumbprint cookies, peanut butter cup M & M, seasonal sugar cookies, macaroons, and much much more!
- Rich chocolate brownies
- Breakfast pastries in an assortment of flavors and bear claws with almond paste
- Our famous muffins, including apple, pumpkin, bran raisin, and blueberry
- Melt-in-your-mouth scones
- Seasonal desserts including Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake now available! Be sure to order your holiday pies, cookie platters, and other fantastic desserts for your holiday gatherings this year. Call our Bakery at 805-544-6100 and place your order early!
Seasonal desserts including Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake now available! Be sure to order your holiday pies, cookie platters, and other fantastic desserts for your festive gatherings this year. Call our Bakery at 805-544-6100 and place your order early!
Wedding Cakes & More
We can create customized wedding cakes to fit any style or budget! Ask about dessert buffets made with our delectable pies, pastries, mini cakes, cookies, and more! cake prices start at $3.95 per person with a 20 person minimum ($79 plus tax). Included in the price of your cake are a personalized consultation and a cake sampling. Delivery and set up are available for a fee. To order San Luis Obispo wedding cakes or for more questions, please contact Kathy Stanger or Willie Vey at (805) 544-0713 Ext. 614.
Meet Our Pastry Chefs:
Willette (Willie) Vey, Executive Pastry Chef
Executive Pastry Chef Willie Vey was born in San Luis Obispo, California where she started her love for cooking and baking as a child by first watching her mother create wonderful and tasty creations for every event in the family and friends lives. Baking then grew into her passion. She took every Home Economics class available at Morro Bay High School and became the teacher’s assistant. She started working for local restaurants when she turned 15 1/2 where she then was baking desserts for every restaurant she worked at from then on.
Willie came to the Apple Farm after closing her wholesale baking business of 10 years and Bakery in Morro Bay.She worked at many restaurants for the past 40+ years before and after, at such places as the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, to Dorn’s Restaurant in Morro Bay accumulating dessert and cake baking experience along the way. She has baked for people such as Barbara Streisand, James Brolin, Glenn Close, Jack & Elaine LaLane, Senator Ed and Bobbie Davis, to name a few. She says, "I bake cakes and desserts because I love to bake, create memories, and make people happy, I am very passionate about what I do!”
Be sure to follow Willie's blog for recipes and other sweet info!
Kathy Stanger, Baker & Cake Decorator
Kathy Stanger has 30+ years of experience designing and decorating cakes for a wide variety of events and occasions. In addition to owning her own Bakery for over 10 years, she also worked beside Barbara Carlock in Los Osos, decorating wedding cakes for an additional 10 plus years. She has been featured in American Cake Decorating Magazine and has won numerous first place and best of show awards for her wedding and occasion cake designs and decorations. Kathy now works at the best of San Luis Obispo bakeries, specializing in wedding cakes, rolled fondant cakes, and gum paste flowers.